Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Madness Sexism

I saw this lovely graphic on HuffingtonPost today:
Get it?! Girls only care about high heels, catching husbands, and cuddling toys! Nevermind that there are plenty of women who know a lot about basketball, not to mention that there's a women's division of NCAA basketball. No, I'm not one of them but I still find this thing sexist. Just because I don't care about sports does not mean that I fit these stereotypes. What's worse? This graphic was created by a wine company that markets to women called Seven Daughters. "Perfect for Girls Night Out!" teehee! No, thanks, you can keep your fucking wine and your fucking insulting graphic, Seven Daughters.

1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of that wine. Must be good stuff. roflmao I've got better things to do with my life than figure out who's going to win a ball game. A lot of women do, which is probably why a lot of us don't care about March Madness. It has nothing to do with a preoccupation with shoes. lol

    ReplyDelete